306 poems, viewed 983,857 times
1) Śrīmātā — the graceful Mother; 2) % Śrīmahāvāṇī — the great and honored Speech; 3) Śrīvidyā — the Goddess of knowledge; 4) Śrīsarasvatī — the great Goddess Sarasvatī 5) Advitīyā — One without a second; 6) Mahārūpā — One Who has a great appearance; 7) Cārurūpā — One Who has a beautiful appearance; 8) Sureśvarī — One Who is the Ruler of nature.
19) One Who has a brilliant-crown filled with diamonds, precious-stones, and gems; 10) One Who has curly-locks of hairs with lightening-like radiance of dense-clouds; 11) One Whose forehead is adorned by light emanating from a group of moons; 12) One Who has eyes of red-moon color associated with radiance of the sun, the moon, and the stars;[2—3]
13) One Whose nose has a shining-white round pearl as an ornament; 14) One Whose soft-cheeks resemble a white-blossomed lotus; 15) One Whose ear-hoops have gems and pearl encircled by sparkling gold; 16) One Whose best-tongue is speaking knowledge learned from Vedānta and Veda;[4—5]
17) One Whose mind-winning lotus-lips are full of beams from a ruby-stone; 18) One Whose swollen breast-pots are for the fasting son like universe; 19) One Who has akṣamālā, three-Veda, vara, and abhaya in Her four hands; 20) One Whose waist-girdle is fashioned from a thousand-threads of Gold;[6—7]
21) One Whose slim-waist has moonlit brilliance by pure-white cloth circled around; 22) One Whose soft thigh-spot is the place for nourishment of a child; 23) One Whose sounding gold-anklets have bells with radiance of shining-gold; 24) One Whose feet-sole is colored by bringing the nectar of white-flowers;[8—9]
25) Haṁsasakhī — Friend of a swan; 26) Śvetā — One Who is fair; 27) Rasā — One Who is like nectar; 28) Ramyā — One Who is enticing; 29) Śobhā — One Who is radiance; 30) Śubhā — One Who is auspicious; 31) Sukhā — One Who is bliss; and 32) Śāradā — thus finishes the eulogy called Rūpastotram, which is auspicious, and blissful.
1 The poem is inspired by the incomparable Śrīlalitāsahasranāmastotram in the structure.
Translator: Animesh Kumar
Submitter: Animesh Kumar
|Rate:||0.42 per day|
© Stutimandal 2007-03-10